- What information we collect
- How we use information
- When and why we disclose information
- Your privacy choices
- How we store and secure information
When we say “you,” we are referring to anyone who uses the Loconomics Service. When we say “we” or “us,” we are referring to Loconomics.
3150 18th Street Suite 438
San Francisco, CA 94110
2. Information We Collect
"Personal Information" means information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual or business. We also treat other information that is associated or combined with Personal Information as Personal Information. We collect information as follows:
Information you provide to us:
We receive and store information you voluntarily provide to us when registering to use the Loconomics
Service or in the course of using the Loconomics Service, or when you contact us by telephone,
email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as
for customer support purposes. The information we receive from you may include:
- Contact Information, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website User account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Loconomics.
- “Financial Account Information” as needed to process payments for service offerings from the Loconomics Service (such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number). If you are a Service Professional, we may collect your bank account and routing numbers or PayPal account email address to submit payment to you.
- “Relationship Information,” including lifestyle information, location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood, areas of interest, the types of service offerings that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect), demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender), and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred to Loconomics.
- For Service Professionals, we may collect your business information, such as your business name, a description of your services. You may choose to provide additional business information and integrate social media information from your Facebook page data, Twitter feed data, LinkedIn profile data, or Yelp data.
- “Past Business Interaction Information,” which you can automatically import by giving Loconomics permission to access your web, mobile or desktop email program, address schedule contacts, calendar program, or social network accounts such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and FourSquare, or which Loconomics receives through Service Professional use of the Loconomics Service.
- “Taxpayer Information,” including social security number or taxpayer ID number, to report income to tax authorities, as required by law.
- b) “Automatically Collected” Information : When you access the Service or open one of our emails, we may automatically record certain information by using different types of tracking technology. This “automatically collected” information may include:
- Computer information, including Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique user ID, version of software installed, operating system, browser type, software version, regional and language settings, and hardware information.
- “Mobile Location Information,” if you have activated one of our mobile applications and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
- “Transaction Information” about how you interact with Loconomics or the Loconomics Service, such as dates and times that you visit the Site or App, the Services you view, purchase, redeem, and/or post, and the Service Professionals you add to your Favorites Page; other information about how you use the Loconomics Service; copies of correspondence, text, email, other communications, and applications; the source of traffic to Loconomics, including but not limited to whether you came from Google Search, a partner website, an ad campaign, or email campaign; and how you interact with Loconomics Service Professionals and Partners.
- “Calendaring Program Information,” including your availability and your appointment time preferences, Transaction Information, and any related comments, notes, or messages you have provided to Loconomics or a Service Professional regarding your availability and/or appointment time preferences. This information may be accessed through the Loconomics Service, web-based calendaring programs, mobile app-based calendaring program, or third-party online calendars (e.g. Google Calendar, Outlook, iCal, Yahoo Calendar) (“Calendaring Programs”) that Users choose to connect to the Loconomics Service.
- We also use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store User preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
“Cookies” and Related Technologies
: We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example,
we may collect information from the devices you use to access the Loconomics Service, your operating
system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well
as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely
send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the IP addresses
of the devices you use to interact with the Loconomics Service. We may also collect information
about the website you were visiting before you came to the Loconomics Service and the website
you visit after you leave our Website, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable
ways, but we may also associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies
with Personal Information. The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web
server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then
transmitted back to the Loconomics Service by your computers or mobile devices. These servers
are operated and the cookies are managed by us, our Partners or our Service Providers.
- “Cookies” Information: When you access the Site, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Loconomics may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your User ID if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences (e.g., the cities for which you want to be shown Services). Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings.
- “Pixel Tags” or “Clear Gifs”: Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or to our Service Providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
- Advertising Information: Loconomics uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics for users logged-in to the Loconomics Service (“Logged-In User). If you are a Logged-In User, Loconomics may use your Loconomics user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages and screens of the Loconomics Service you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use the Loconomics Service with a view to offering improvements for all Loconomics users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide Loconomics with any Personal Information. Learn more about privacy at Google and to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Web & App Analytics: Loconomics uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics for users logged-in to the Loconomics Service (“Logged-In User). If you are a Logged-In User, Loconomics may use your Loconomics user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages and screens of the Loconomics Service you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use the Loconomics Service with a view to offering improvements for all Loconomics users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide Loconomics with any Personal Information. Learn more about privacy at Google and to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- d) Information from Other Sources : We may also obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than the Site, as well as from other Users of the Services. For Service Professionals, such information may include Personal Information contained in background checks we receive, pursuant to our Background Check Policy, or applicable professional licenses or certifications.
3. How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to improve users' experience of the Loconomics Service, market and promote the Loconomics Service, and promote services offered by our Service Professionals. For example, we may use information to
- a) Operate the Loconomics Service, including performing analysis of how the Site and App are functioning, tracking your use of the Loconomics Service, for purposes of displaying relevant advertising and content, updating the Loconomics Service, and improving our the user experience;
- b) Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Site
- c) Provide Clients with customized offers from participating Service Professionals;
- d) Recommend certain Service Professionals or Services to Clients (e.g., to suggest Service Professionals to add to the Client's Favorites page or remind Client when it's time to rebook a service);
- e) Facilitate and fulfill requests for appointments with Service Professionals;
- f) Evaluate eligibility of Clients for certain offers or Services, and evaluate the types of offers or Services that may be of interest to Clients;
- g) Track redemption of Services and perform other analytics;
- h) Provide user support;
- i) Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Loconomics, Service Professionals, and Partners, such as Loconomics news, special offers and coupons, announcements, surveys, sweepstakes, and marketing materials, unless you have told us you do not want to receive such emails;
- j) Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support messages, administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- k) Provide tailored advertisements, content, and information to Users through the Loconomics Service, email messages, text messages, applications, push notifications, or other methods of communication;
- l) Prevent fraud, enforce our corporate reporting obligations, Terms of Service, or comply with law;
- m) Inform Service Professionals when Clients have added them to their Favorites Page; and
- n) When Users rate or review other Users with whom they have transacted, their rating, Review, and User's first name and last initial will be published on Loconomics and may appear on third party websites, advertisements, or other marketing and promotional materials.
- o) Monitor and report aggregate usage metrics and the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns
- p) Track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
4. When and Why We Disclose Personal Information
- a) With affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Loconomics) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described herein.
- c) We may share Client Personal Information (other than credit card information) with Service Professionals. We may provide your Personal Information to Service Professionals when if you purchased Services from that Service Professional through Loconomics, or if you participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Loconomics on behalf of the Service Professional. We may also provide Service Professionals with Personal Information about Clients who have purchased the Service Professionals' Services, to send customized offers, to validate the purchases, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, as part of legal proceedings affecting Loconomics and the Service Professional, to facilitate a direct relationship between Service Professionals and Clients, and to enable Service Professionals to communicate electronically with Clients who purchased the Service Professionals' Services.
- d) With Loconomics Partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, distribution partnership, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Loconomics and its Partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Loconomics from a Partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Loconomics Partner, Loconomics may provide that Partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information.
- e) To effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts where we operate. If Loconomics is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may utilize or provide our Service Professionals, Partners, or other third parties with reports that contain anonymized, aggregated and/or statistical data about Users.
f) If you are a Client:
- When a particular Service Professional is added to your Favorites Page, that information will be made public and will enable other Users to search, visit, or schedule appointments from your Favorites Page. Additionally, your page will display your real name, partial name, or pseudonym, as well as any other information you provide, including photographs, bios, and city and state. You may, however, hide this information from the public by marking your Favorite Page as “Private.”
g) If you are a Service Professional:
- We may share some or all of your Personal Information, including but not limited to Calendaring Program Information, Services, Ratings and Reviews, Prices and Discounts, appointment availability, and related data (collectively "Service Professional Information") with Loconomics Clients seeking services and with Loconomics Partners and affiliates;
- We may feed Service Professional Information to third party websites (excluding Client lists), which may result in Service Professional Information appearing on a third-party website, mobile application or in search engine results; and such results may include a corresponding link to schedule an appointment through Loconomics.
- We may use certain Contact Information to promote your Services through a variety of online and offline advertising and promotion mediums, including, but not limited to Google, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Twitter, email distribution lists, and third-party Partners and Affiliates.
- If you have participated in any joint Loconomics service offerings or promotions with other Partners, Loconomics may disclose your Personal Information to its Partners, as part of such offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Loconomics and its Partners and in which you have elected to participate.
5. Referral Programs
Referring Friends to Loconomics.
Loconomics enables you to refer friends to Loconomics. If you wish to refer friends to Loconomics, we provide you a unique referral link, which you can share directly with others via email, social media websites, or other communications methods. If someone clicks your link and takes a qualifying action, we may attribute that referral to you for certain purposes such as awarding reward credit. Loconomics does not collect Personal Information about the persons with whom you share your link until the persons click the link and engage directly with Loconomics.
Referring Service Professionals to Loconomics.
Loconomics enables you to refer Service Professionals to Loconomics. When you refer a new Service Professional, we send out an email to such Service Professional indicating that you are the referral source. Except for your name, no other information is provided to the Service Professional in our email.
By using the referral features on Loconomics, you hereby agree to and authorize the following: (a) Loconomics may use your e-mail address to email your contact about Loconomics, (b) Loconomics may use your name and e-mail address to identify who you are in any such invitation, and (c) Loconomics may follow up with any invitations initiated by you with two reminder emails to some contacts if they do not respond to the initial invitation.
6. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of service offerings you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to Loconomics, and you can limit the communications that Loconomics sends to you.
You can manage your email preferences by logging into your account through www.Loconomics.com, entering the " Account" section, and updating your Email Communication preferences under " Privacy Settings." You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in the commercial messages that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may update your subscription preferences from time to time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email or text messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email or text messages, we will still send you confirmations when you schedule a service through the Loconomics Service.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
If you wish to not have your information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking HERE. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with Loconomics, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between Loconomics and your social media account or your mobile device.
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from Loconomics Service Professionals or Partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
7. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best service offerings available through our Service Professionals and Partners. You can access, update, and delete information you provided for your profile by logging into your account and accessing the " Account" section of the Website or sending us an email at email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you Account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and Account information at all times.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions.
We reserve the right to retain information we collect in a way that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability, enforce our Terms of Service, maintain records for financial reporting, resolve disputes, comply with legal obligations or protect Loconomics or its users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses.
8. Security of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Loconomics has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. We follow generally accepted standards to facilitate compliance with HIPAA, including the following technological safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it:
- a) patient/client information and other sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) are transferred using 168-bit SSL encryption; accounts require secure login with minimum password length enforcement;
- b) the production environment is protected by stand-alone firewalls with access limited to authorized personnel via encrypted channels;
- c) and offsite backups are made daily and stored in an encrypted state.
Loconomics also provides numerous settings and features—including user-specific login, multiple user access levels, and the ability to easily add and remove users—to facilitate procedural standards that enable you to maintain overall HIPAA compliance.
As with any technology, it's incumbent upon you to properly incorporate Loconomics into your business practices and make your own assessment of your resulting overall HIPAA compliance. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
9. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Except as otherwise expressly provided, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you or that you disclose to us. If you disclose your information to others besides Loconomics such as other users of the Service or other sites or services, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions and review the policies of any Service Professional or other third party before you disclose your Personal Information. If you access another website through a third party link provided by Loconomics, these other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data, or solicit personally identifiable information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
The Loconomics Service may contain Communities and other areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, and submit media content. Prior to posting in these areas, please read our Terms of Service carefully. All the information you post will be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any Personal Information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a public Service Professional review, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. Please avoid publicly posting Personal Information. If you have questions about Personal Information posted in our Communities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Facebook Connect
If you are not currently registered as a Loconomics User and you use the Website's Facebook connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join Loconomics. Once you register with Loconomics and connect with Facebook, you will be able to automatically post recent Loconomics activity back to your Facebook wall. Please refer to the privacy settings in your Facebook account to manage the performance of your Facebook account.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
The Loconomics Service is not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without the parent or guardian's consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors under 18. If we become aware that a minor under 18 has provided us with personal identifiable information, we will use reasonable efforts to promptly delete such information from our files.
17. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Loconomics pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to email@example.com, or by writing us at the following address:Loconomics Cooperative, Inc.
3150 18 th Street Suite 438
San Francisco, CA 94110
Phone Number: (415) 735-6025
Please allow 30 days for a response.